Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Importance of Grooming Part One

Welcome to my blog, Not Just a Barn


I have started this blog for the point of a school project and because I love everything horses! 

I know some people who do not have a lot of knowledge about horses so that is why I have decided to write about a variety of horse topics. In these blogs I will examine and explore some local barns. I will offer grooming tips, reviews on a barn or two, and infomation about all different types of horse breeds. I will also be posting about which Kelowna barns are hidden gems and I will talk about the stables where boarding is scarce. 

If you have a favourite horse breed and want to know more about them, send me the name of the breed and I will do some research to write a post about the breed.   

Today I will be talking about the importance of grooming.

Grooming


Grooming your horse is one of the most important things you can do. Not only is it an amazing way to bond with your horse, it is also a very important step to riding. If you didn’t brush your horse you may not know if they have any injuries. When you groom your horse, you can check their legs and body for any cuts or abrasions or swollen limbs. I suggest that a rider groom before and after riding. Also, grooming will help your horse to get used to you being all around them. When I'm grooming I love talking or singing to the horse to let them know I am still there even if they can’t see me.

Here are four pictures of me grooming a horse named Brody.
The photo was taken at Spirit Ridge Equestrian Center May 14th, 2015




Stay tuned, as I will post more about grooming tomorrow in this three-part post.

No comments:

Post a Comment